- Endometriosis is a common cause of young women undergoing pelvic surgery.
- Endometriosis causes pelvic pain, infertility, and dyschezia.
- Laparoscopy and pathologic identification of endometriosis are the gold standard for diagnosis.
- Symptomatic Stage 4 endometriosis requires surgery.
- A multidisciplinary approach with gynecologists and urologists for advanced endometriosis is optimal.
There's more to see -- the rest of this topic is available only to subscribers.
Last updated: January 26, 2022
Chua, Heidi, and Michael J Snyder. "Endometriosis." ASCRS Textbook of Colon and Rectal Surgery, 2022. ASCRS U, www.ascrsu.com/ascrs/view/ASCRS-Textbook-of-Colon-and-Rectal-Surgery/2285036/all/Endometriosis.
Chua H, Snyder MJ. Endometriosis. ASCRS Textbook of Colon and Rectal Surgery. 2022. https://www.ascrsu.com/ascrs/view/ASCRS-Textbook-of-Colon-and-Rectal-Surgery/2285036/all/Endometriosis. Accessed June 8, 2023.
Chua, H., & Snyder, M. J. (2022). Endometriosis. In ASCRS Textbook of Colon and Rectal Surgery https://www.ascrsu.com/ascrs/view/ASCRS-Textbook-of-Colon-and-Rectal-Surgery/2285036/all/Endometriosis
Chua H, Snyder MJ. Endometriosis [Internet]. In: ASCRS Textbook of Colon and Rectal Surgery. ; 2022. [cited 2023 June 08]. Available from: https://www.ascrsu.com/ascrs/view/ASCRS-Textbook-of-Colon-and-Rectal-Surgery/2285036/all/Endometriosis.
* Article titles in AMA citation format should be in sentence-case
TY - ELEC T1 - Endometriosis ID - 2285036 A1 - Chua,Heidi, AU - Snyder,Michael, Y1 - 2022/01/26/ BT - ASCRS Textbook of Colon and Rectal Surgery UR - https://www.ascrsu.com/ascrs/view/ASCRS-Textbook-of-Colon-and-Rectal-Surgery/2285036/all/Endometriosis DB - ASCRS U DP - Unbound Medicine ER -