IBD Diagnosis and Evaluation
- Crohn’s disease may present in a wide variety of ways depending on site of disease and phenotype.
- Multiple scoring and grading systems are in use to assess disease-related activity.
- Extraintestinal manifestations are common and may be the presenting sign of diagnosis in ~ 1/4 of patients with IBD.
- Pathologists are commonly unable to distinguish between UC and CD on endoscopic biopsies.
There's more to see -- the rest of this topic is available only to subscribers.
Last updated: January 26, 2022
Brar, Mantaj S, and Helen MacRae. "IBD Diagnosis and Evaluation." ASCRS Textbook of Colon and Rectal Surgery, 2022. ASCRS U, www.ascrsu.com/ascrs/view/ASCRS-Textbook-of-Colon-and-Rectal-Surgery/2285039/all/IBD_Diagnosis_and_Evaluation.
Brar MS, MacRae H. IBD Diagnosis and Evaluation. ASCRS Textbook of Colon and Rectal Surgery. 2022. https://www.ascrsu.com/ascrs/view/ASCRS-Textbook-of-Colon-and-Rectal-Surgery/2285039/all/IBD_Diagnosis_and_Evaluation. Accessed September 24, 2023.
Brar, M. S., & MacRae, H. (2022). IBD Diagnosis and Evaluation. In ASCRS Textbook of Colon and Rectal Surgery https://www.ascrsu.com/ascrs/view/ASCRS-Textbook-of-Colon-and-Rectal-Surgery/2285039/all/IBD_Diagnosis_and_Evaluation
Brar MS, MacRae H. IBD Diagnosis and Evaluation [Internet]. In: ASCRS Textbook of Colon and Rectal Surgery. ; 2022. [cited 2023 September 24]. Available from: https://www.ascrsu.com/ascrs/view/ASCRS-Textbook-of-Colon-and-Rectal-Surgery/2285039/all/IBD_Diagnosis_and_Evaluation.
* Article titles in AMA citation format should be in sentence-case
TY - ELEC T1 - IBD Diagnosis and Evaluation ID - 2285039 A1 - Brar,Mantaj, AU - MacRae,Helen, Y1 - 2022/01/26/ BT - ASCRS Textbook of Colon and Rectal Surgery UR - https://www.ascrsu.com/ascrs/view/ASCRS-Textbook-of-Colon-and-Rectal-Surgery/2285039/all/IBD_Diagnosis_and_Evaluation DB - ASCRS U DP - Unbound Medicine ER -