Complications of the Pelvic Pouch
- Pelvic sepsis is the most common cause of pouch loss.
- Patients with IPAA dysfunction should undergo a structured assessment.
- Pouch dysfunction is often inappropriately ascribed to a diagnosis of Crohn’s disease.
- Fecal diversion may palliate disabling symptoms from pouch dysfunction.
- Pouchitis is the most common complication of IPAA.
There's more to see -- the rest of this topic is available only to subscribers.
Last updated: January 26, 2022
Ashburn, Jean H, and David W Dietz. "Complications of the Pelvic Pouch." ASCRS Textbook of Colon and Rectal Surgery, 2022. ASCRS U, www.ascrsu.com/ascrs/view/ASCRS-Textbook-of-Colon-and-Rectal-Surgery/2285046/all/Complications_of_the_Pelvic_Pouch.
Ashburn JH, Dietz DW. Complications of the Pelvic Pouch. ASCRS Textbook of Colon and Rectal Surgery. 2022. https://www.ascrsu.com/ascrs/view/ASCRS-Textbook-of-Colon-and-Rectal-Surgery/2285046/all/Complications_of_the_Pelvic_Pouch. Accessed June 8, 2023.
Ashburn, J. H., & Dietz, D. W. (2022). Complications of the Pelvic Pouch. In ASCRS Textbook of Colon and Rectal Surgery https://www.ascrsu.com/ascrs/view/ASCRS-Textbook-of-Colon-and-Rectal-Surgery/2285046/all/Complications_of_the_Pelvic_Pouch
Ashburn JH, Dietz DW. Complications of the Pelvic Pouch [Internet]. In: ASCRS Textbook of Colon and Rectal Surgery. ; 2022. [cited 2023 June 08]. Available from: https://www.ascrsu.com/ascrs/view/ASCRS-Textbook-of-Colon-and-Rectal-Surgery/2285046/all/Complications_of_the_Pelvic_Pouch.
* Article titles in AMA citation format should be in sentence-case
TY - ELEC T1 - Complications of the Pelvic Pouch ID - 2285046 A1 - Ashburn,Jean, AU - Dietz,David, Y1 - 2022/01/26/ BT - ASCRS Textbook of Colon and Rectal Surgery UR - https://www.ascrsu.com/ascrs/view/ASCRS-Textbook-of-Colon-and-Rectal-Surgery/2285046/all/Complications_of_the_Pelvic_Pouch DB - ASCRS U DP - Unbound Medicine ER -