Pediatric Colorectal Disorders
- The major principle of operative therapy for Hirschsprung’s disease is to bring ganglionated bowel to within 1 cm of the dentate line.
- The ideal surgical treatment of a duplication depends on length and location of duplication, age of child, and relationship to surrounding structures with complete excision being the goal, though not always possible.
- Constipation and fecal incontinence need a full history and physical examination but are managed often successfully by medical management.
- Anorectal malformations often occur with other congenital defects and a mainstay for surgery is an ano rectoplasty.
There's more to see -- the rest of this topic is available only to subscribers.
Last updated: January 26, 2022
Teeple, Erin A, and Kenneth S Azarow. "Pediatric Colorectal Disorders." ASCRS Textbook of Colon and Rectal Surgery, 2022. ASCRS U, www.ascrsu.com/ascrs/view/ASCRS-Textbook-of-Colon-and-Rectal-Surgery/2285063/all/Pediatric_Colorectal_Disorders.
Teeple EA, Azarow KS. Pediatric Colorectal Disorders. ASCRS Textbook of Colon and Rectal Surgery. 2022. https://www.ascrsu.com/ascrs/view/ASCRS-Textbook-of-Colon-and-Rectal-Surgery/2285063/all/Pediatric_Colorectal_Disorders. Accessed June 8, 2023.
Teeple, E. A., & Azarow, K. S. (2022). Pediatric Colorectal Disorders. In ASCRS Textbook of Colon and Rectal Surgery https://www.ascrsu.com/ascrs/view/ASCRS-Textbook-of-Colon-and-Rectal-Surgery/2285063/all/Pediatric_Colorectal_Disorders
Teeple EA, Azarow KS. Pediatric Colorectal Disorders [Internet]. In: ASCRS Textbook of Colon and Rectal Surgery. ; 2022. [cited 2023 June 08]. Available from: https://www.ascrsu.com/ascrs/view/ASCRS-Textbook-of-Colon-and-Rectal-Surgery/2285063/all/Pediatric_Colorectal_Disorders.
* Article titles in AMA citation format should be in sentence-case
TY - ELEC T1 - Pediatric Colorectal Disorders ID - 2285063 A1 - Teeple,Erin, AU - Azarow,Kenneth, Y1 - 2022/01/26/ BT - ASCRS Textbook of Colon and Rectal Surgery UR - https://www.ascrsu.com/ascrs/view/ASCRS-Textbook-of-Colon-and-Rectal-Surgery/2285063/all/Pediatric_Colorectal_Disorders DB - ASCRS U DP - Unbound Medicine ER -