Welcome to Litigation
- In litigation, preparation is the key to a successful outcome.
- Preparation should begin as soon as you become aware of an adverse outcome likely to lead to litigation.
- Don’t conduct an independent investigation.
- Never appear at a deposition without consulting an attorney.
- Meet with your attorney early.
- Communicate with your attorney regularly.
- Know what you can expect of your attorney and when.
- Know what is expected of you and when.
- Do your homework, and make yourself available.
There's more to see -- the rest of this topic is available only to subscribers.
Last updated: January 26, 2022
Ames, Dennis K. "Welcome to Litigation." ASCRS Textbook of Colon and Rectal Surgery, 2022. ASCRS U, www.ascrsu.com/ascrs/view/ASCRS-Textbook-of-Colon-and-Rectal-Surgery/2285068/all/Welcome_to_Litigation.
Ames DK. Welcome to Litigation. ASCRS Textbook of Colon and Rectal Surgery. 2022. https://www.ascrsu.com/ascrs/view/ASCRS-Textbook-of-Colon-and-Rectal-Surgery/2285068/all/Welcome_to_Litigation. Accessed May 28, 2023.
Ames, D. K. (2022). Welcome to Litigation. In ASCRS Textbook of Colon and Rectal Surgery https://www.ascrsu.com/ascrs/view/ASCRS-Textbook-of-Colon-and-Rectal-Surgery/2285068/all/Welcome_to_Litigation
Ames DK. Welcome to Litigation [Internet]. In: ASCRS Textbook of Colon and Rectal Surgery. ; 2022. [cited 2023 May 28]. Available from: https://www.ascrsu.com/ascrs/view/ASCRS-Textbook-of-Colon-and-Rectal-Surgery/2285068/all/Welcome_to_Litigation.
* Article titles in AMA citation format should be in sentence-case
TY - ELEC T1 - Welcome to Litigation ID - 2285068 A1 - Ames,Dennis, Y1 - 2022/01/26/ BT - ASCRS Textbook of Colon and Rectal Surgery UR - https://www.ascrsu.com/ascrs/view/ASCRS-Textbook-of-Colon-and-Rectal-Surgery/2285068/all/Welcome_to_Litigation DB - ASCRS U DP - Unbound Medicine ER -