- Building a successful practice starts with providing excellent patient care first and foremost.
- Attempt to achieve the quadruple aim of providing improved patient/customer experience with increased quality and cost efficiency while also focusing on provider health and wellness.
- The basic premise behind salaries is that they should correlate to the work performed by the surgeon and align incentives with the goals of the individual and the practice.
- Developing a practice involves incorporating the four A’s of a successful surgeon—availability, affability, ability, and accountability.
There's more to see -- the rest of this topic is available only to subscribers.
Last updated: January 26, 2022
Rea, Jennifer D, and Jeffrey L Cohen. "Practice Management." ASCRS Textbook of Colon and Rectal Surgery, 2022. ASCRS U, www.ascrsu.com/ascrs/view/ASCRS-Textbook-of-Colon-and-Rectal-Surgery/2285070/all/Practice_Management.
Rea JD, Cohen JL. Practice Management. ASCRS Textbook of Colon and Rectal Surgery. 2022. https://www.ascrsu.com/ascrs/view/ASCRS-Textbook-of-Colon-and-Rectal-Surgery/2285070/all/Practice_Management. Accessed December 9, 2023.
Rea, J. D., & Cohen, J. L. (2022). Practice Management. In ASCRS Textbook of Colon and Rectal Surgery https://www.ascrsu.com/ascrs/view/ASCRS-Textbook-of-Colon-and-Rectal-Surgery/2285070/all/Practice_Management
Rea JD, Cohen JL. Practice Management [Internet]. In: ASCRS Textbook of Colon and Rectal Surgery. ; 2022. [cited 2023 December 09]. Available from: https://www.ascrsu.com/ascrs/view/ASCRS-Textbook-of-Colon-and-Rectal-Surgery/2285070/all/Practice_Management.
* Article titles in AMA citation format should be in sentence-case
TY - ELEC T1 - Practice Management ID - 2285070 A1 - Rea,Jennifer, AU - Cohen,Jeffrey, Y1 - 2022/01/26/ BT - ASCRS Textbook of Colon and Rectal Surgery UR - https://www.ascrsu.com/ascrs/view/ASCRS-Textbook-of-Colon-and-Rectal-Surgery/2285070/all/Practice_Management DB - ASCRS U DP - Unbound Medicine ER -